5 Tips for Marketing Your Real Estate Business
Updated: Nov 6, 2017
If you're a real estate agent, you know finding potential customers can be difficult. You can't just sit around and hope customers will contact you--you have to create a comprehensive marketing plan. Here are five marketing tactics to help grow your real estate business.
1. Create a brand. What sets you apart from other real estate agents? The things that make you unique are part of your brand. Your brand should also include an eye-catching logo that expresses your professional style. Keep your logo and presentation style consistent in all of your print and online communications.
2. Use email marketing. According to the National Association of Realtors (r), more than 60 percent of home buyers choose a real estate agent based on someone they have worked with before, or from a referral from a friend or family member. This statistic emphasizes the need for real estate agents to stay in contact with past clients. One way to do this is with email marketing. Email marketing is affordable and easy to personalize. It is also a great way to keep your name in past clients' thoughts. Send a regular email newsletter, or let clients know when you have houses available in their area. Even if they aren't interested in buying or selling now, they may know someone who is.
3. Send direct mail. Well-targeted direct mail can help generate leads. Surveys have shown that 56 percent of people think print advertising is the most trustworthy. One of the least expensive types of direct mail is postcards. Send these out to new leads in areas where you have sold homes.
4. Develop a social media strategy. Social media has become more important to marketing in recent years, especially for engaging millennials. To make the most of social media, develop a presence on Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, LinkedIn, and Pinterest. This kind of exposure will further develop your brand and name recognition.
5. Knock on some doors. There's no substitute for a good old-fashioned meet-and-greet. Put on your friendliest face and knock on doors in neighborhoods where you are selling or would like to be selling. Be sure to bring some marketing materials to hand out, such as business cards and flyers. Take contact information from potential leads whenever possible.
To succeed in real estate, you need a graphic design team to help you create a great marketing plan. Xandr Creatives can help you develop your brand and design marketing materials for your real estate business. Contact us today to see how.